Why Playing at Casa de Campo Golf Resort in the Dominican Republic Is Worth It
Golf Travel Ideas, Dominican Republic
Casa de Campo Golf Resort has a rich history, as it was founded approximately 50 years ago in La Romana, a breathtaking city overlooking the Chavón River. It was the first resort in the Dominican Republic at the time, and today, it is among the favorite luxury destinations for cultured travelers and celebrities who enjoy the private gated community for its safe and exclusive setting. Known as one of the greatest golf resorts in the world, Casa de Campo has three golf courses designed by the famous Pete Dye:
- Teeth of the Dog – opened in 1971, this golf course has been a “bucket list” layout for people seeking to play one of the premier courses in the world and has seven dramatic holes hugging the coral formations rising out of the Caribbean Sea
- Dye Fore – with 27 holes, this golf course joined Teeth of the Dog in 2002, and its three nines, Chavon, Lagos, and Marina, are very different, as Chavon features 5 cliff-side holes dropping 300 feet, and Marina plays down the nearby rivers and offers splendid views of the Caribbean Sea
- The Links – located inside the property, the golf course has a moderately hilly layout with tall Bahia grass framing undulating greens and bunkers, and because you can play from over 6,700 yards from the back tees, it is one of the most playable courses Pete Dye has ever designed
In addition to playing one of the thrilling golf courses of Casa de Campo, the golf resort has numerous other perks you can take advantage of, including seven exquisite restaurants, such as the stunning new Minitas Beach Club, a marina, the Equestrian Center that features polo, the Shooting Course, and three private white-sand beaches. The Teeth of the Dog ranks first as a golf course in the Caribbean, the Golf Magazine has deemed it "the No. 1 layout in Latin America", and it ranks 27th in Golf Digest among the "World's Greatest Golf Courses". Therefore, if you are a golf enthusiast, be sure to include Casa de Campo on your bucket list.
If you became interested in playing at Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic, we have two great offers for you and your friends you can check out.
Night Golf, a Novel Experience You Can Have at Casa de Campo
If you and your friends want to have a memorable experience at Casa de Campo besides playing golf on the magnificent courses of this resort, you can now choose to play at night! This concept is novel, exciting, and innovative. You will have the chance to play golf at night outdoors at the Night Golf Party the resort often hosts. There will be multi-color LED golf balls filling the night sky and flying towards brightly lit targets placed all over the new state-of-the-art driving range.
Furthermore, to make the atmosphere relaxing and fun, music, drinks, BBQ, and animation teams will complete the unique experience. You can test your short game by taking part in the Chipping and Putting Contests to see if you can win and get to brag among your friends. The BBQ and full cash bar are open all night, so you can spend as much time at the Night Golf Party of Casa de Campo as you wish. Lastly, putting or chipping contests with prizes cost only $5.
Some of the Most Expected Golf Tournaments of 2022 Will Be Held at Casa de Campo
The 2016 and 2019 Latin America Amateur Championship have been proudly hosted by Casa de Campo. However, the golf resort is preparing to be home to numerous other tournaments in 2022, including the following:
- The Caribbean Classic: April 27 – May 1
- The 8th Annual Latin America Pro Am: August 15 – 20
- 41st Casa de Campo Open: September 14 – 18
- 17th Annual Casa de Campo Twosome Championship: November 28 – December 4
- 1st Annual Casa de Campo European Cup: December 2 – 9
- 2nd Annual Casa de Campo Spanish Cup: December 3 – 10
The tropical playground of Casa de Campo features a vast array of amenities, including tennis facilities, gourmet dining options, fantastic bars, and the unique 16th-century replica Mediterranean village, Altos de Chavón. If you are unsure about what golf destination to choose next, you should consider Casa de Campo, as it abounds in spectacular views, thrilling golf courses, and numerous exciting activities.