Phoenix & Scottsdale Golf Packages
Commonly Asked Questions
Hyatt House Scottsdale Old Town
Hyatt House Scottsdale Old Town is 9 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
There are 4 different suite options available to our customers, all of which are fully furnished. The 1-Bedroom King Suite, the 2-Bedroom King/King Suite, the 2-Bedroom Trio Suite, and the 2-Bedroom Quad Suite.
Yes, daily breakfast is included for all guests at Hyatt House Scottsdale.
Yes, Hyatt House Scottsdale has a heated pool and spa.
We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort
We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort is located in Scottsdale, close to Fountain Hills, AZ. It is 24 miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and 18 miles from Old Town Scottsdale.
There are two championship golf courses at We-Ko-Pa Resort - The Saguaro Course and the Cholla Course, both highly ranked in Arizona, in particular the Saguaro Course which is typically the #1 rated course in the state by most publications. Both golf courses are must plays.
Yes, shuttle transportation is available.
Room categories available to our customers are the Deluxe Queen Rooms with 2 queen beds, Deluxe King Rooms, Golfer Suites, and Junior Golfer Suites. Golfer Suites are two rooms with 2 queen beds in each whereas the Junior Golfer Suite is one room with 2 queen beds, however, both include luxurious linens, high-speed wireless Internet, refrigerators, coffeemakers, in-room safes, balconies, jetted tubs, and flat-screen televisions.
Breakfasts are not included as standards with our We-Ko-Pa golf packages but can certainly be added upon request.
There are over 370 golf courses in Arizona. The cities of Scottsdale and Phoenix are home to most golf courses, as well as the most spectacular ones. Peak golf season in the state is from January to April, but players can still find their way to the fairways during the hotter summer months. Most days are dry and sunny, with cooler evenings. The following are some of the best golf courses to play in Arizona:
- The Stadium Course: This golf course is famous for its dramatic features, including penal hazards and steep slopes. In his autobiography, Pete Dye wrote that the "featureless, barren acreage" was the "worst piece of land we ever started with" when designing the Stadium. The par-5 16th hole, known as San Andreas, features a deep greenside bunker that Dye said may be "the deepest greenside bunker this side of Mars." The Stadium has a design that favors no particular style of play, resulting in a truly balanced layout, and can be found at TPC Scottsdale.
- The Faldo Course: Resembling a sand belt golf course from Australia with expansive fairways, large greens, and over 100 bunkers, this is a course that is not about forced carries or target challenges. Four sets of tee markers and a few hybrid configurations ensure that professional and ordinary golfers can find a properly challenging distance between 5,245 yards and 6,846 yards. With its gaping landing areas, the Faldo course is fun and playable. It offers players many options on tee shots and approach shots into greens that are angled from the fairways. The golf course is part of the Wildfire Club at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
- The Palmer Course: Located just northeast of the city of Phoenix, this picturesque golf course was designed by one of the most famed and praised golfers to ever play the game. The Palmer is a par 72 layout that opened in 1997, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape at every hole. The expansive fairways allow the golfer to remain in play even if they tend toward the occasional errant shot. With scenic flashed bunkering and curvy putting greens that emphasize what Arnold Palmer courses are most famous for, golfers can expect challenge and excitement. The golf course is also part of the Wildfire Club at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa.
- The Saguaro Course: The Saguaro Course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club combines distinctive desert-golf features with the timeless traditions of links-style design. It's built for walking, which is extremely rare for the area, with greens situated near the next tee. The course follows the natural movement of the land, and the playing corridors are wider when compared to traditional desert design. The Saguaro course was designed by world-renowned architect duo Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw and ranked number one when it comes to public golf courses in Arizona. It can be played year-round and was built in 2006.
Naturally, there are numerous other notable and unique golf courses in Arizona where you can enjoy a round or two with your buddies. Other golf courses you may want to check out of you're in the area are:
- The Cholla Course
- The Pinnacle Course
- The Monument Course
- The O'odham Course
A weekend getaway to Scottsdale or Phoenix is definitely worth it, as you won't have time to get bored if you're a golf enthusiast.
Situated less than one hour northwest of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and masterfully sculpted from the High Sonoran Desert, playing golf at Quintero Golf Club is definitely worth the longer drive, and it's going to be a simply extraordinary and unforgettable experience. The only thing you need to play the magnificent golf course this club has to offer is patience until you get to the destination. Once you arrive, you won't be disappointed. To relish a world-class golfing experience in the tradition of the world's most celebrated golf courses, Quintero Golf Club offers players the opportunity for a pure game on a superb, secluded course designed by Rees Jones.
Rees Jones has designed a picturesque course out of a pristine section of lush Arizona desert. Quintero is a must-play course for any golfer, whether amateur or veteran, providing challenges in strategic bunker placement with generous landing areas for straight hitters. Rees Jones' design is strategic and challenging and was crafted with respect for the natural beauty of the surrounding desert landscape. The golf club also offers members every amenity you would expect from a world-class golf course. Consequently, the course at Quintero Golf Club should be on your bucket list despite the longer driving distance.
The enticing JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa will offer you a getaway beyond imagination, as it features two unique golf courses and numerous amenities. Located in the serenity of the Sonoran Desert, the fully renovated luxury resort is perfect for a weekend golf trip with your friends or family. These are the two world-famous golf courses JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa features:
- The Faldo Championship Course: Offering a superb variation of the typical desert golf courses, the Faldo Championship course should definitely be on your bucket list. With generous fairways, large greens, and over a hundred sand bunkers, the surrounding mountains and ancient cacti will be a stunning backdrop for a championship round. The Arizona Republic ranked the second hole on the Faldo Championship course as one of the ultimate eighteen holes in the Valley.
- The Palmer Signature Course: Playing up to 7,145 yards and providing a picturesque golfing experience, the Palmer Signature course has expansive fairways that allow players to remain in the game even on errant shots. Like many Arnold Palmer designs, the flashed bunkering on this course is superb, and the putting greens carry a lot of undulation. While playing, you can take in the breathtaking views of North Phoenix as you perfect your swing. The fairways are Bermuda overseeded with rye.
After a rewarding golf round, you can enjoy a tranquil dining experience at one of the many stylish places of JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa. From casual to elegant, the resort offers a very exciting and delicious array of restaurants and bars to satisfy every craving. Some of the most renowned dining places at the resort are:
- Tia Carmen, where you can relish a mix of tradition and modernity and a menu designed to delight every palate
- Meritage, a sophisticated urban tavern that serves a diverse dining menu along with over 50 craft beers from Arizona
- Twenty6, while you take in the breathtaking views in casual outdoor seating, you can unwind and meet your friends for happy hour
Other noteworthy amenities you and your guests can enjoy during your weekend getaway at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa are The Wildfire Golf Club, swimming, and the Revive Spa Fitness Center.
Finally, the accommodations at the resort are sumptuous, with plenty of rooms and suites you can choose from, such as the Presidential Suite, which is spacious enough for the whole family and the perfect space to create life-long memories. With excellent golf and so many amazing things to offer, JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is definitely worth paying a weekend getaway to.
Arizona is one of the most popular golf destinations in the United States, with the city of Phoenix being the main attraction. The state has nearly 400 golf courses and offers visitors a wide variety of course types and layouts. What is even better is that Arizona has golf courses to suit any budget. There are miles of fairways to welcome residents, visitors, and seasonal snowbirds alike in the region of Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Roughly 550,000 golfers play at Arizona's courses regularly. Phoenix has mild winters and low humidity, meaning it's a great place to play a few rounds of golf. For this reason, it's also the ideal place to play golf year-round. Lastly, Arizona golf courses are famous for their unique clubhouse dining places, whether the food is Southwestern or Mexican. Therefore, Arizona is hugely popular for a golf trip, and if you're a player, it should be on your bucket list.
The Boulders Resort & Spa boasts unrivaled natural beauty and a southwestern atmosphere that will rejuvenate your soul. You and your friends or family can engage in a lot of fun activities in between golf rounds at the resort, such as:
- Relax at the enormous and luxurious spa, which has 24 treatment rooms and a jacuzzi.
- Get outside and try hiking, rock climbing, exploring the desert flora and fauna, or bicycle tours.
- Play tennis or pickleball, or even take private lessons if you’re a novice to the game.
- Cool yourself in one of the four swimming pools of the resort, one of which is at the spa.
- Get in shape at the modern fitness center equipped with weights, new cardio equipment, and multiple saunas.
- Hot air balloon flight, a one in a lifetime experience that will undoubtedly be memorable for all of you.
- Go on the Sonoran Explorin Tour, a journey through the beautiful desert during which you can learn fascinating information about indigenous plants.
- Stargazing, the perfect opportunity to marvel at the magnificent Arizona skies from The Boulders fairway.
- Horseback riding, during which you can explore the desert terrain of the Tonto National Forest and one of the most vibrant sceneries in the country.
- Grand Canyon Air Tour, which will offer you a breathtaking perspective during the journey over the majestic expanses of the famous national park.