Hilton Head Golf Packages
Commonly Asked Questions
Palmetto Dunes Resort
The nearest airport to Palmetto Dunes is Hilton Head Airport, which is 3.4 miles away. Other nearby airports include Savannah (29.1 miles) and Charleston (63.3 miles).
The signature hole at Palmetto Dunes Resort is the 10th hole at the Robert Trent Jones course. This straightaway par 5 signature hole often plays into a prevailing wind. It will take three solid shots to reach the green. Once you reach the putting surface, a stunning view of the ocean awaits.
At Palmetto Dunes Resort, casual attire is recommended. Shirts and shoes are required. Tee shirts, jeans, and all golf attire are welcome. No beachwear, such as swimsuits, is permitted.
The lodging options at Palmetto Dunes Resort include villas, condos, or house rentals, which means being comfortable and having convenient access to all of their activities and amenities. You can choose from weekly Hilton Head vacation rentals at one of their distinctive rental homes (3 to 6 bedrooms) or flexible bookings at one of their vacation villas (1 to 4 bedrooms). All lodging options come with unique features and amenities, such as on-site restaurants, beach activities, golf courses, bicycle rentals, marina access, and much more.
Palmetto Dunes Resort offers several other activities in addition to golf, such as:
- bike rentals
- boat rentals
- cruises and boat tours
- kids’ activities
Yes. The Palmetto Dunes Golf Academy in Hilton Head is one of the most reputable golf schools in the world. Offering lessons, clinics, and one-on-one golf instruction from former PGA Tour professionals and professional instructors, it also provides a wide variety of programs for golfers of all ages and skill levels.
You and your family or friends can enjoy a wide range of activities and visit many attractions near Palmetto Dunes Resort in between your golf rounds, such as the following:
- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Hilton Head Island Bike Trails
- Art League of Hilton Head
- Shannon Tanner's Most Excellent Pirate Expedition
- Nash Gallery
- Captain Mark's Dolphin Watch Cruises
- Pure Salt Studios
- Bluewater Adventure
- Dolphin Seafari
- Comedy Magic Cabaret
- Salt Marsh Sailing
- La Belle Image Fine Art Gallery
Yes. Palmetto Dunes Resort offers several vacation home and villa rental properties that are dog-friendly. Vacation home and villa rental properties that are dog-friendly are available between October 1 through March 31 for an additional charge. No pets are permitted in any of the vacation homes between April 1 through September 30. The resort’s pet policy only allows one dog per rental unit with a maximum weight of 40 pounds.
Whether you're in the mood to enjoy a steak or sample a sandwich, dining at Palmetto Dunes Resort's restaurants, cafes, and grills will provide just what you're hungry for. You can choose from the following dining places:
- Alexander's Restaurant & Wine Bar: this upscale seafood restaurant and wine bar features seasonally-inspired cuisine, locally caught seafood, and many locally sourced ingredients.
- The Dunes House: enjoy the sand, surf, sun, and amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean at this laid-back island restaurant in between your golf rounds.
- Big Jim's BBQ, Burgers, Pizza & Catering: this restaurant offers a relaxed dining option for everyone, with big-screen TVs and outdoor seating.
- Arthur Hills Grill: it presents a selection of breakfast or lunch dishes, and daily specials served indoors or on the patio.
- George Fazio Grill: this popular grill located in the Clubhouse serves a variety of sandwiches, snacks, and beverages, and you can dine in or take them out on the course.
The Palmetto Dunes community is divided into two areas – vacation and rental vacation properties and the gated residential community. While the Palmetto Dunes Resort is private, the beach is public and is under the jurisdiction of the Town of Hilton Head Island. As for golf, all three courses are public.
No, but Palmetto Dunes Resort has introduced a fleet of autonomous golf caddie units known as the “Tempo Walk” by Club Car. The new Tempo Walk offers state-of-the-art wireless technology, such as GPS yardage and hands-free remote control to maneuver easily around the golf course. Traditional golf car offerings such as a cup holder, divot repair, cooler, and sand bottle are also included. Palmetto Dunes Resort has 12 units available for golfers.
There are three golf courses at Palmetto Dunes Resort, namely:
- Robert Trent Jones Course: Located on the Atlantic Ocean in Hilton Head, the shifting winds make every hole play differently on this golf course, providing both challenges and rewards for players of every skill level. The picturesque views of the ocean from the elevated green make playing the Robert Trent Jones course one of the most memorable golf rounds on Hilton Head Island.
- George Fazio Course: Hilton Head Island's only par-70 public golf course, the George Fazio course is one of the island's most challenging layouts. Many golfers see it as the most challenging public course in the area, but don't let it intimidate you. It's designed to be a true but fair test for players of all skill levels. The SC Golf Course Owners Association recently named it South Carolina Golf Course of the Year.
- Arthur Hills Course: The Arthur Hills course at Palmetto Dunes Resort has long been seen as one of South Carolina’s most unique golf layouts. A testament to its enduring popularity, this gem was recently named one of the "Top 30 Best Courses You Can Play in South Carolina." Blending the beauty of the Lowcountry with the inherent challenges of the game, this course has earned a reputation as one of the island's best golf experiences.
Hilton Head Island is home to over 23 championship golf courses, both public and private, designed by famous architects such as Pete Dye, Jack Nicklaus, and Robert Trent Jones Sr.
The cost of playing most golf courses on Hilton Head Island is approximately $80 a round. Nevertheless, the price you'll have to pay may be higher depending on the time of the year and the golf course you choose to play. Other factors might also increase the cost of playing golf in Hilton Head.