San Antonio Golf Packages
Know your preferred courses?Build Your Own Golf Vacation
Unsure of courses to play?Request Personalized Quote
AT&T Oaks – Designed by Greg Norman
The AT&T Oaks Course reflects the TOUR’s departure from the modern tournament style course (expansive grass areas and spectator mounding) to a more natural look and feel, without sacrificing the fan experience, making it very tournament friendly. The AT&T Oaks course is the new home to the Valero Texas Open.
- Traditional design that balances narrower tree-lined fairways with wider fairways offering multiple routes (i.e., strategic options) to the green
- Intimate design with narrow corridors carved through oak trees
- Only 100 feet of fall from the high point of the course to the lowest
- Bunkering reflects a natural, rigged “minimalist” with edges emulating the canopy of the native oak trees
- Native grasses and plants are prevalent throughout the course
- Par-72; 7,435 yard course, with forced carries on only two holes
- Downhill holes play into the prevailing wind, uphill holes play downwind
- Bermuda grasses were specially selected for this course to provide optimum playing conditions, diversity in color and texture and environmental sensitivity. Putting Greens are Champion Bermuda. Fairways are Tifsport Bermuda. Roughs are Bandera Bermuda. Collars, Approaches and Tee Tops are Emerald Bermuda. Outer Corridors are Native Texas grasses
AT&T Canyons – Designed by Pete Dye
Due to the differing topography, the Dye and Norman Courses compliment one another with each having a unique look, feel and playing experience for Members and resort guests. While very different from the traditional, tree-lined AT&T Oaks Course, the AT&T Canyons Course stands on its own as a tournament venue in terms of design, strategy and beauty.
- Beautiful piece of land that dictates the course strategy and design; design is true to the flow of the land
- Corridors provide panoramic views of a 700 acre nature preserve
- Par-72; 7,106 yard course
- Bermuda grasses were specially selected for this course to provide optimum playing conditions, diversity in color and texture and environmental sensitivity. Putting Greens are Champion Bermuda. Fairways and Roughs are 419 Bermuda. Collars, Approaches and Tee Tops are Emerald Bermuda. Outer Corridors are Native Texas grasses
- Challenge for scratch golfers and novices alike with dramatic elevation changes and gorgeous Hill Country views
- Approximately 23-acre facility featuring six tee decks and numerous target greens
- The short game station features two distinctive areas which replicate the course designs & grass selections for the AT&T Oaks & AT&T Canyons Courses, respectively
- Private PGA TOUR Player practice area
- 42,000 square foot Clubhouse
- Expansive outdoor decks overlooking the AT&T Oaks Course
- Private Member dining area
- Full-service men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Founder Member Locker Room
- Full-service Golf Shop
Commonly Asked Questions
Texas has a very diverse mix of landscapes, and so do the golf courses. They serve up a great variety, from desert borders in the west to farmland in the east. This is one of the reasons why the state has amazing golf. With a mild climate and over 800 courses strewn across desert mountains, the lush Piney Woods, and seaside links, Texas is a huge playground for golfers.
One of the toughest golf courses in Texas is undoubtedly the Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio. Designed by Greg Norman, it reflects the departure from the modern tournament-style course to a rather natural look and feel, without sacrificing the fan experience, making it tournament friendly. The golf course has a traditional design balancing narrower tree-lined fairways with wider fairways, which offers multiple routes to the green.
There are only 100 feet of fall from the highest point of the course to the lowest. The first four holes of the Oaks Course, including the 213-yard par-3 third, add up to a brutal 1,750 yards, which makes this golf course a real challenge even for skilled golfers. Playing through the dry outlands, the Greg Norman design is one of the most strategically compelling golf courses with aggressive bunkering and several unique, demanding par 5s.
La Cantera Resort
La Cantera Resort is a mesmerizing golf destination where you can immerse yourself in the San Antonio scenery. While it features just one golf course, playing is challenging and rewarding, as the Resort Course has been a PGA Tour stop for 15 years. The famous golf course architect Jay Morrish and PGA Tour professional Tom Weiskopf designed it. This is a beautiful Texas Hill Country golf course situated on one of the highest points in the area. As you navigate the elevation changes and tricky false fronts on this 7,001-yard par-72, you can admire the stunning views of the Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme park.
In addition to playing golf, La Cantera Resort offers many other amenities and experiences, including swimming, dining, fitness, spa, tennis, and pickleball.
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Two exquisite championship courses await golfers who decide to play at TPC San Antonio, which is located very close to JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. You can enjoy the stunning views of San Antonio's beautiful hill country while playing a few rounds of golf at the following courses, which are two of the best in Texas:
- The Oaks Course: Designed by Greg Norman, this course has 100 feet of elevation change from the high point to the low. While it's not as dramatic as the Canyons Course, it has a strong impact on club selection and playability. Strategically devised, the uphill holes go with the prevailing wind, whereas the downhill holes play into the breeze. The par-3 16th is considered the signature hole of the Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio.
- The Canyons Course: This golf course was designed by the acclaimed Pete Dye, and it's the perfect complement to the Oaks Course. Although it's very different from the traditional Oaks Course, the golf course stands on its own as a tournament venue when it comes to design, strategy, and hill country beauty. The corridors offer panoramic views of a 700-acre nature preserve. The Canyons Course is ultimately a challenge for both novice and veteran golfers, with dramatic elevation changes.
If you're a golf aficionado, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa should definitely be on your bucket list. Whether you're looking for adventure, relaxation, or both, you'll find it as you venture out to experience golf at this luxurious resort. The championship golf courses will put your skills to the test and make you want to return for another getaway.
The cost of our golf vacation packages for a weekend getaway at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa ranges between $200 and $250. They include two rounds of golf and lodging at the resort, with golfers sharing a Standard Guest Room. However, if you add the cost of food and other amenities, the cost of a weekend getaway at this destination can be as high as $800. We offer golf vacation packages at some of the most reasonable prices for destinations such as JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa.