Terms & Conditions
- Content of the pages of GTJ's website is for your general information, thereby, subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The use of any and all information, including materials of this website, is at your own risk. We shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any service, including information available through this website meet your requirements, however specific they may be.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. In particular, images provided for our exclusive use by resorts and golf courses, such as, but not limited to Pebble Beach Golf Resort, Pinehurst Resort, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, et al (Please see below for detailed copyright notices). This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks in this website, which are not property of, or licensed to GTJ, are acknowledged below under the Copyright Notice, which also forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorized use of this website may result in a claim against said violators for damages, as well as and/or including a criminal offense.
- Occasionally, this website may include links directed to other websites. Generally, these links are provided as further value offered through GTJ. In these particular cases, upon your decision to utilize these services, we do receive compensation as such. Other links, simply for the use of additional information, are provided for your convenience. These links do not signify our endorsement of the website(s) or the content concerned. Furthermore, we have no responsibility for the linked content from any outside website(s).
- Any links created to this website from an outside website, as well as any documents from here, may not be done without GTJ's prior written consent.
Golf Trip Junkie assures your right to privacy. Your privacy is of extreme concern for us, and we are committed to protecting your privacy online, giving you the ultimate customer experience and satisfaction.
What Information Do We Collect from You?
The following information may be collected and used by our website:
Log files: Like many other websites, Golf Trip Junkie makes use of log files, which are automatically collected each time you access it. The information inside log files includes your internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring and exit pages, as well as number of clicks, which is subsequently used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. This data is not personally identifiable information and will be stored only for a short period of time. It will be exclusively used to develop our website so that you and other visitors can benefit from a superior experience while accessing it.
Personal information you submit to us: We never collect personal information from our users without their prior consent. You may choose to submit personally identifiable information by filling out the Golf Vacation Request Form or upon purchasing a golf vacation package. Your data will not be shared, sold, transmitted, or otherwise distributed to third parties if you decide to submit it unless you specifically authorize us to do so.
Information we may receive from other sources: In certain cases, we may receive non-personal information about you from other sources, such as when you are using a third party software to visit our website. Nevertheless, we will only use such information for improving the functionality of our website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We do not share your personal information with any third party and will only use it for the following purposes, depending on your request:
- to respond to your inquiries and e-mails
- to process payment for services acquired through our website
- to send you our newsletter if you subscribe to it
- for administrative communication, such as confirmation e-mails or policy updates
- to take action against unauthorized or illegal activity
In order for us to process online payments for our services, Golf Trip Junkie utilizes invoicing through outside secure sources of Freshbooks and payment through Stripe. When moving forward with payments, we will request that you provide us with personal information, not limited to, your name, address, email address and phone numbers. If you decide to purchase our services, you will need to supply us with credit card information. All of your personal information is safe and secure, your credit card information is not stored on our server at any moment. At no time will your personal or credit card information be sold or redistributed to third parties. However, one exception does apply to this rule. Redistribution to third parties will only occur if it is required to complete your upcoming travel arrangements and any other necessary travel related purchases. When this happens, all third parties involved with Golf Trip Junkie will also adhere to and follow strict standards that are in place to ensure and protect your privacy safety.
The importance of security for all personal information associated with our customers is of the highest concern to Golf Trip Junkie. Although we have taken all of the necessary precautions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% safe and secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, your information is stored in a secure profile that Golf Trip Junkie uses to process travel transactions and contact you in the event of a customer service request. This information may also be used to provide you with special promotional information via email. Golf Trip Junkie is very sensitive to safe and secure transactions on the internet, and we have safeguarded it with our decision to use Freshbooks for invoicing and Stripe for payment options. Stripe, the payment processing system, is safeguarded with encryption of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL makes it extremely difficult for someone to steal your credit card information through their site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the "referring URL"), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user's browser from our servers and are stored on the user's computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user's browser enables us to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user's preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
It is important to know that no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or telephone number, is stored by cookies. The employment of cookies allows us to provide each user with a more personalized experience when visiting our website. We use functional cookies, without which the functionality of our website would be greatly hindered, as well as optional cookies, which are subject to your consent. Accordingly, you can choose to deactivate optional cookies, whose purposes are related to analysis and marketing, by using the table below.
|Purpose and content||Lifespan||On/Off|
|Website analysis with Google Analytics and CrazyEgg:
These cookies assign a randomly generated ID to your device, enabling us to recognize your device upon your next access. For details on website analysis please see the respective chapter below.
Double-Click DART Cookie
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to Golf Trip Junkie and other sites on the Internet.
Golf Trip Junkie contains links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which we have no responsibility. Please read their privacy statements, and continue to safeguard your valuable personal information.
Our newsletter keeps you up-to-date with the new content which periodically appears on our website. To subscribe to our newsletter, you will need to provide your e-mail address. We will exclusively use it to send you the newsletter, which you can choose to unsubscribe from at any time either by following the link in each e-mail or by contacting us.
Sensitive Personal Information
Our website does not deliberately collect personal information from children under the age of 16. Should you be a parent or guardian who believes such data has been submitted to our website, please contact us at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to remove it as soon as possible.
Your Rights Concerning Personal Information
In accordance with the effective privacy laws, the users of our website have the following rights when it comes to their personally identifiable data:
- the right to know what personal data we have collected and processed from you
- the right to ask for the amendment, removal, or restricted processing of your personal information
- the right to access your personal data which has been stored by our website
- the right to refuse your personally identifiable information being collected and used by us
- the right to data portability
- the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority
This website and its content is copyright of Golf Trip Junkie - © Golf Trip Junkie 2015. All rights reserved. Golf course images are either the property of GTJ, purchased licenses for use by GTJ, for use by IAGTO members, or have been provided for use by partner golf courses, therefore, cannot be redistributed or reproduced without written consent. Where GTJ has been asked to state Trademarks and Copyright info of images, we have done so below. Please see at the bottom of Copyright Notice - Images section.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Copyright Notice - Images
Pebble Beach images are © Joann Dost and courtesy of Pebble Beach Company. Reproduced by permission of Pebble Beach Company. Pebble Beach® and their respective underlying distinctive images are trademarks, service marks, and trade dress of Pebble Beach Company. Used under license. Pebble Beach®, Pebble Beach Resorts®, The Lodge at Pebble Beach™, The Inn at Spanish Bay™, Casa Palmero®, Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Spyglass Hill® Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™, Del Monte™ Golf Course, Peter Hay™ Golf Course, The Spa at Pebble Beach™, Pebble Beach Beach & Tennis Club ™, The Spanish Bay Club™, Stillwater Grill™, The Bench™, Peppoli at Pebble Beach™, Roys at Pebble Beach™, STICKS™, Traps™, 17-Mile Drive®, The Lone Cypress™, Pebble Beach™ Golf Academy and Practice Facility, Pebble Beach® Equestrian Center, and their respective underlying distinctive images are trademarks, service marks, and trade dress of Pebble Beach Company. Used under license.
The word "Pinehurst", its brand name, logo and related symbols associated with golf, resort and the country club, are all protected registered trademarks and are solely owned by Pinehurst, LLC. All usage rights are reserved to Pinehurst, LLC. All Pinehurst® images are © Pinehurst, LLC. Reproduced and used by permission of Pinehurst.
All Kiawah Island images are © Kiawah Island Golf Resort. Reproduced and used by permission of Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
Pasatiempo images are used and reproduced by permission of Pasatiempo Golf Club, credited Rob Babcock/Pasatiempo Golf Club.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. All information is provided by Golf Trip Junkie. While it is our ultimate goal to keep any and all information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is, therefore, strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Golf Trip Junkie takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.