Have Your Dream Getaway at the Sawgrass Golf Resort in Florida
Golf Travel Ideas, Golf Course Reviews, Florida
Situated in Ponte Vedra Beach, just a short distance from Jacksonville, the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort will offer a memorable experience to golf players who are longing for a relaxing getaway. Both golf courses at this exquisite resort were designed by the famous Pete Dye, and they favor no particular style of play, which is why they have a truly balanced layout. The Sawgrass Resort in Florida features the Players Stadium and the Dye's Valley golf courses. Originating from the idea of former PGA TOUR Commissioner Deane R. Beman, the Players Stadium course was built in 1980. Today, it's the permanent home of The Players Championship. The signature island green on the 17th hole is one of the most renowned in the golf world, and the course is regularly named among the best in the world.
The following are other interesting features of the Players Stadium golf course at the Sawgrass Resort:
- It was initially created for spectators.
- It was designed as the first stadium-like golf course, offering fans stunning views.
- No two consecutive holes ever play in the same direction because the layout is routed.
- Traditional Scottish links-style bunkers, sandy waste areas, and water hazards come into play on every hole.
- It has numerous oaks, pines, and palms.
- Both the fairways and the greens are Bermuda Grass.
Adjacent to the first golf course, the Dye's Valley course was designed by Pete Dye, Bobby Weed, and player consultant Jerry Pate in 1987. It has been hosting several professional Korn Ferry Tour events and is consistently ranked as one of the top golf courses in Florida. The Dye's Valley golf course features large greens and plenty of water sprawling across rolling hills and valleys. During a renovation in 2006, over 300 trees were added to the course, and several bunkers were rebuilt to make the game more challenging. Perhaps the most notable hole is the 350-yard third one. The fairways of this golf course are Bermuda Grass and Celebration, while the greens are TifEagle Bermudagrass. For three years, the Dye's Valley course was among the "Top 25 Off-Course Amenities in the U.S." by Golf Advisor.
If we've piqued your interest and want to play a few rounds at the magnificent Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort, check out our best destination packages below!
Improve Your Skills and Master Your Game at the Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass
The Sawgrass Golf Resort also offers golf players the chance to lower their scores by virtue of its Performance Center. They have the perfect student-to-teacher ratio, which will allow you to enhance your experience. Depending on the class size, you'll receive one-on-one instructions or take lessons with a maximum of one other student. The instructors at the Sawgrass Golf Resort are experts in identifying what each player needs to master their game. The instruction objective includes six principles, which are:
- Full-swing: develop a repeatable motion that makes for a consistent shot shape
- Short game: learn to control distance, trajectory, and release on short game shots
- Putting: develop a stroke that creates a consistent roll while achieving direction and distance control
- Golf fitness: the instructor will start with the overall assessment of the student's current body functionality, then establish a personal fitness plan for optimal performance
- Club fitting: your instructor will use TrackMan and GCQuad-Foresight launch monitors to determine your optimal club and ball data
- Playing and performance strategies: you'll have the opportunity to develop practice routines and performance strategies to achieve the most satisfactory results
At the Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass, they will gladly customize your instruction package to fit you or your group. They're well aware that every student is different and will learn at their own pace. Depending on your performance level, the instructors will be more than happy to devise a custom program designed to meet your individual or group needs. While the usual lesson package focuses mainly on putting, chipping, pitching, and bunker play, if you choose a customized package, you'll be able to learn so much more!
Enjoy the Luxurious Accommodations and Stylish Dining Places at the Sawgrass Golf Resort
The family-friendly resort accommodations are thoughtfully designed to enhance your stay at Ponte Vedra Beach. So, you can unpack in a superb hotel room featuring views of the resort grounds, natural waterways, or the Players Stadium golf course. With neutral tones and majestic panoramas, you'll feel at home in the main building guestrooms. However, the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort also offers villas and suites. Furthermore, the Sawgrass Signature Wing features VIP-style rooms and suites with exclusive "Living Room" access.
At the Sawgrass Golf Resort in Florida, you can dine or have a quick bite at seven places, some of which are:
- Vernon's First Coast Kitchen & Bar: As a farm-to-table restaurant, this dining place offers sublime resort views and is the ideal place to enjoy breakfast, Sunday brunch, dinner, or craft cocktails.
- Alice and Pete's: With delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts, you can also watch your favorite sport and relax while dining here.
- American Gator Club: Overlooking the lagoon and 13th hole at the Players Stadium golf course, this is a seasonal restaurant with Florida's indigenous wildlife on full display.
- Sharkey's Café: If you're in the mood for a laid-back atmosphere and tasty American cuisine, look no further, as this dining place offers everything you want.
The resort also has a Starbucks, where you can grab a coffee and pair it with delectable pastries and healthy snacks. In addition to playing golf on the two amazing courses of the Sawgrass Resort, you and your group can also spend a few hours at the spa center or swim in one of the four pools of the resort. If you decide to bring your kids along, rest assured that they won't get bored either, as the Sawgrass Resort offers endless family-friendly movie options, board games, lawn games, and more. Nevertheless, parental supervision is required.
Choosing to have a getaway at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort will prove to be a great experience, as the Players Stadium course and the Dye's Valley course will allow you and your family or friends to enjoy a fun, challenging, and unique game. The resort also offers numerous luxurious amenities with extraordinary views of the area, which will help you relax in between the golf rounds and take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. So, if you live near Florida or would like to play there, the Sawgrass Golf Resort is one of the best choices for you.