Williamsburg Golf Packages Play video
Commonly Asked Questions
With a moderate climate and over 200 public golf courses, Virginia offers excellent year-round golfing experiences. Golf is played year-round in Virginia Beach, but usually, winter weather breaks in early April, and temperatures are moderate until early November.
There are 18 golf courses in Williamsburg and 7 golf courses within 20 miles of the city. Some of the courses in the city that can be included in a Kingsmill Resort golf vacation can be found at the following resorts:
- Kiskiack Golf Club (Kiskiack Course)
- Colonial Heritage Golf Club (Championship Course)
- Ford’s Colony Country Club (Blue Heron Course, Marsh Hawk Course, Blackheath Course)
- Golden Horseshoe Golf Club (Gold Course, Spotswood Course, Green Course)
- Williamsburg National Golf Club (Jamestown Course, Yorktown Course, Williamsburg Course)
Kingsmill Resort is home to 36 holes of championship golf courses. For over 30 years, the River Course has hosted the world's best players on PGA and LPGA tours. The golf course is now home to the Pure Silk Championship after a redesign by Pete Dye. Furthermore, the Plantation Course, designed by Arnold Palmer and Ed Seay, has landmarks from Richard Kingsmill's 1736 plantation woven into the landscape. Due to the secure location and gated community, Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama held meetings there.
There are 3 golf courses at Kingsmill Resort in Virginia, namely:
- The River Course: As a Pete Dye design, this golf course is very player friendly. The fairways are wide, the bunkers aren't too penal, and the greens aren't severe. It offers picturesque views of the James River with lush scenery, including pine trees and hardwoods. The River Course sits quietly on the land and lets the natural movements of the area, rather than sharp architectural features, define its character.
- The Plantation Course: Designed by Arnold Palmer and Ed Seay, this course challenges players of all skill levels. The 6,432-yard, par-72 golf course favors precise iron play and good putting. Although fairway landing areas are generous, water comes into play on eight holes, and there's no lack of deep woods or yawning ravines. The greens are large and offer inviting targets for approach shots.
- The Woods Course: This course was designed by renowned architect Tom Clark. It's a 6,659-yard layout with a very interesting mix of long and short holes, providing golfers the opportunity to use every club in their bag. The Woods Course is a classic parkland-style design occupying a secluded corner of the resort. Set along the banks of the James River, the course is one of two award-winning 18-hole courses at the resort.
Kingsmill Resort is just 17 miles away from Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), 41 miles from Norfolk International Airport-Orf (ORF), and 50 miles from Richmond International Airport (RIC).
The most recognizable hole at Kingsmill Resort is the River Course’s 17th hole – a par 3 hole on the edge of the James River.
Proper golf attire is mandatory for all players and includes: bermuda-length shorts, slacks, shirts with collars and sleeves or mock turtleneck (for men), and mid-length shorts, slacks, or skirts, blouses (for women). No denim allowed, as well as swimwear, shoes with metal spikes, tank tops, short shorts, tennis outfits, and other athletic shorts and tops.
Kingsmill Resort has a wide array of lodging options, from standard guest rooms and 3-bedroom condos to private villas. The cottages are located on the James River, where the other deluxe villas and resort accommodations are situated throughout the property, close to the sports club, spa, and restaurants.
Yes, breakfast is included at Kingsmill Resort in the room package.
The services and other activities available at Kingsmill Resort are varied and include: a full marina with beach, watersports, and fishing, swimming pools, tennis courts, a spa & fitness center, biking and Segway tours, a game room, and an assortment of restaurants.
Yes - Kingsmill Golf Academy, recognized by Golf Magazine among the Top 25 Golf Schools in the US.
Kingsmill is private and only open to members and resort guests. The Woods Course is only available to full golf members, while the River and Plantation Courses are available to members and overnight resort guests.
There are three golf courses at Kingsmill Resort: The River Course, The Plantation Course & The Woods Course.