Playing Golf in Florida at the Exquisite Streamsong Resort
As one of the most famous golf destinations nationwide, Streamsong Resort is located within 90 minutes of Orlando. It's a remarkable golf destination created in complete harmony with its natural surroundings. The uniqueness of the place is immediately unveiled from the very moment you set foot on the property, and the memories you'll make there with your golf buddies or family will certainly last a lifetime. Even though Streamsong Resort opened in 2013, it has rapidly become one of the most renowned and sought-after golf destinations in Florida and across the country.
Streamsong Resort is the only place in the world where golfers can experience three distinct courses designed by the legendary architects Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, Tom Doak, and Gil Hanse and Jim Wagner. Revered by golf players as a bucket list destination, the resort rivals the greatest golf venues in the world. These are some highlights of the three amazing golf courses that await you at Streamsong Resort if you decide to choose Florida as your next destination to play a few rounds and spend some quality time with your loved ones:
- The Blue Course: With many elevation changes, fairways navigating wild grasses and ponds, and enormous bunkers rolling off of towering sand dunes, the Blue course seems designed by discovery rather than by intention. Designed by Tom Doak, the golf course features superb terrain, with rises and falls in elevation and contours that undulate, offering some of the most challenging holes in golf. The Blue course starts rather dramatically, with the back tee on hole one on a 75-foot sand dune. It definitely has the bolder set of greens, some with massive shelves and dips. However, this golf course offers a lot more forgiveness off the tee than its neighboring Red course.
- The Red Course: Designed by the acclaimed team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, architects of seven designs in the Top 100 in the United States, this golf course is, without a doubt, a masterpiece. With striking landforms, expansive lakes, rolling terrain, and stretches of open savannah, the Red course brings drama and strategy into play on each breathtaking hole. Defined by visually impressive terrain, demanding tee shots, and creative greens, the course oozes with the kind of individuality that is rare to find in modern-day design. In comparison to the Blue course, this golf course boasts more impressive water features, requires a more accurate driver, and hosts more ingenious bunkering.
- The Black Course: Created by the renowned architect Gil Hanse, this golf course is a dazzling par-73 championship layout that offers picturesque views of the vast landscape, including flowing elevation, tumbles, and sand ridges resembling the Sand Belt Region of Australia. The Black course is the perfect complement to the Red and Blue courses at Streamsong Resort. Everything about this golf course is massive, including the greens. Reshaped from a decades-old phosphate strip mine, Hanse incorporated strategic character by building a hidden punchbowl green at hole nine, dual putting surfaces at hole 13, and a lagoon cove to guard the 18th green.
It's worthy of note that Streamsong Resort announced the eagerly anticipated construction schedule for The Chain almost one year to the day since the concept of the new golf course was first made public. Construction on the golf course will begin in early March, hopefully with a fall 2023 grand opening. The Chain will be the fourth course to join the award-winning offerings at the world-renowned destination.
Large dragline chain links will mark the beginning and end of each tee box, but specified tee markers and a score relative to par are purposefully absent from the concept. Therefore, players will be encouraged to tee off from any teeing area they like on each hole, with a nod toward match play.
Streamsong Red, Blue, and Black are in the "Top 40 You Can Play" in the United States, so if you're a golf enthusiast, regardless of your skill level, this Florida resort should definitely be on your bucket list. In addition to the three unique golf courses, the resort has plenty of other amenities to offer, such as guided bass fishing, archery lessons, sporting clays, and a spa facility where you can unwind after a day of playing golf.
If we've sparked your interest in playing golf at Streamsong Resort, check out our golf packages below for this destination and choose the one that's the most suitable for you!
Dining in Style at the Luxurious Streamsong Resort
Every dining experience at Streamsong Resort offers you the chance to relish excellent food and drinks in the most beautiful setting imaginable. From scratch-made breakfast favorites to inspired dinner entrees, the chefs use the finest ingredients to create dishes that will satisfy and delight a diverse array of tastes. Here are some of the restaurants of the resort where you can enjoy a memorable dining experience with your friends or family:
- SottoTerra: there, you can experience flawless presentations of Italian cuisine made with the best the earth and oceans have to offer
- Canyon Lake Steakhouse: with dramatic views of the surrounding dunescape and the Canyon Lake, this restaurant offers a rich steakhouse menu
- Bone Valley Tavern: as Streamsong's newest dining experience, this restaurant boasts 360-degree stunning views, fresh seafood, small plate, and local craft cocktails
- Fin & Feather: this restaurant celebrates the history and bounty of the southern land with traditional recipes crafted with the finest ingredients the region has to offer
When it comes to accommodations, Streamsong Resort features 228 spacious guestrooms and suites, all carefully appointed with rich linens and plush furnishings to ensure no element of your stay is overlooked. The guestrooms and suites have floor-to-ceiling windows with louvers and hardware to control light, and most rooms have splendid water views that extend to the natural Florida horizon.
Playing the unique golf courses at Streamsong Resort will prove to be a very exciting and unforgettable experience, whether you are a beginner or a veteran golfer. The challenges each course entails will make for a rewarding game, and at the end of the day, you can benefit from the many amenities of the resort, such as the nine treatment rooms and six therapy pools you can find at Streamsong Resort's spa. So, gather your friends or family and book a trip to Florida to enjoy what this exquisite destination has to offer!